Friday, December 30, 2005

Gruyere


We simply had to include a visit to Gruyere whilst we were in Switzerland this time. I already felt quite familiar with this village, famous for its cheese. You see, Gruyere has a live web cam that I regularly check.. Throughout the year I’ve seen it reflect the different seasons quite beautifully, from being bathed in sunshine in the summer time, with red geraniums spilling over from the many window boxes that adorn the quaint buildings, to looking the perfect winter wonderland when its covered in snow. One time I even watched as a wedding party gathered outside one of the hotels and then proceeded up to the church.

My visit to Gruyere did not disappoint us, it is utterly, utterly enchanting. A place of fairytales. I was sad when time came for us to leave there.


2 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh I see I have missed out on another cute town!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

You'd love it, absolutely love it!