Monday, May 08, 2006


A GREAT LITTLE BRUSH FOR GARDENERS

After seeing a picture on Sigrun’s blog (sigrunsgardenblogspot.com) that showed a man making brushes, I was reminded of a little brush that I bought in Switzerland (Migros - Zurich) at Christmas time. I’d never seen the likes of these brushes before, neither had John, he thought they would be used for brushing snow off car windscreens. However, beside thinking it was a cute little thing, I immediately thought of a use I could put it to and it has indeed proved very useful indeed......

It is just the job for brushing out leaves and debris that collect around plants pots on a terrace or patio, no need to pull the pots out of position, the ideally shaped brush fits behind them well. Maybe you can obtain these in Germany too, if so, I do recommend them for this purpose.

7 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

That sounds very handy!

I could do with a round pot brush to clean my empty pots before using them again, I just haven't found such a brush here.

Boxwood Cottage said...

That sounds very handy!

I could do with a round pot brush to clean my empty pots before using them again, I just haven't found such a brush here.

Alice said...

You can't beat the Swiss. They make some wonderful things, eg. watches, little straw brooms, cheese, and even sons-in-law. (Just speaking from experience!)

Alice said...

You can't beat the Swiss. They make some wonderful things, eg. watches, little straw brooms, cheese, and even sons-in-law. (Just speaking from experience!)

Sigruns German Garden said...

Hi Marion,

no, this kind of brushes I don't know.

Sigrun

Val said...

I bought a very similar brush, but the handle is a very short bamboo one. I got it in Kyoto, Japan - where they are in great use, sweeping small autumn leaves from gravel, moss etc. I hadnt thought of using around the patio pots though, till you mentioned it! Thanks.

Kerri said...

What a great little broom and a good use for it. Thanks for the idea Marion.