Monday, January 01, 2007

GIFTS OF FRIENDSHIP RECEIVED FROM AFAR....

Its always a thrill to hear the postman deliver a letter (brown envelopes are the exception), but when its a package that arrives complete with pretty foreign stamps, then my excitement hightens. With due respect to British stamps and our Queen, I think foreign stamps are so much prettier and I always keep them to use in my paper crafting.

So, on this, the beginning of a new year, I would like to say a special thanks for Christmas gifts sent to me from afar.

FROM AUSTRALIA.
The first to arrive was from my dear blogging friend Frances (Alice - A Growing Delight) . Thank you dear Frances for your friendship throughout the year. I’d like to add too, that I will always remember that wonderful surprise phone call I received from you one morning in July, soon after being discharged from hospital. It was so unexpected and such a thrill to hear the dulcet tones of your lovely Ozzy voice, coming all the way from down under. It cheered me so much to know you were thinking of me and I’m still amazed how you tracked my phone number down. Wonderful!! as they say, where there’s a will, there’s a way and I’m so pleased you found it.

Thank you so much for the ‘Discover Australia’ diary, what stunning photographs it contains and we just love the Tony O’Connor’s Bush Christmas CD, his music is so beautiful and accompanied too, by glorious sounds of nature. We have played it over and over again, above any other CD this Christmas. Thank you dear friend.

Note: Blogger just will not let me post pictures and then write the respective text underneath, hence, what I intended to be one posting, I have had to divide into three, otherwise, all the pictures just come up together and likewise the text. Any suggestions to solve this would be appreciated.

12 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

WOW!! Marion...you are really SPECIAL but I already knew that....Now I wish I had thought of doing something like this. Our Christmas was so limited this year!! I would think you would be so proud to receive gifts from all over our world. Our wonderful!! Thanks for showing us!!
Happy January 1st..
Sandy

Sue Seibert said...

What wonderful gifts you have received, Marion. Blogging friends have been wonderful to me, as well. It's just a whole new world, isn't it?

Happy New Year and blessings.

Anonymous said...

I wish more people wrote letters and sent packages! And here I am saying that electronically...

Susie said...

Lovely gifts and it certainly shows what a cherished friend you are to so many!
xoxo

Sigruns German Garden said...

Blogger is so horrible in the moment, I've lost buttons and can not get them back!
What a nice prarcel from Australia! Before I read, I know, from whom it is!

Sigrun

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Happy New Year.

girlgroupgirl said...

Happy New Year!
I found your blog from links on others...my family is in Portmerion!

Cheers!

Glynis (how's that for a good Welsh name!!)

Annabelle said...

The gifts are wonderful and the friends are even more special. Nice to see you had a good Christmas. I would try to help you with your dilemma but I'm afraid I too have had a problem with posting pics and writing, not to mention taking photos. Lots to improve in the New Year. Take care.

Annabelle ~^..^~ xo

Boxwood Cottage said...

Aww how nice of Alice to track down your number call you in summer to cheer you up and now to send you that parcel, I'm very happy for you, that you both became friends through blogging!

Kerri said...

That Alice is a sweetie, isn't she? I too recieved Bush Christmas and played it right through until New Year when Ross very tactfully said he was "all Bush Christmased out" and could I please play something else! :)
You certainly were blessed with some lovely gifts from your dear blogging friends Marion. It's true that what you give away comes back to you. You are such a wonderful friend to so many....and the love is returned.
Happy New Year dear Marion! xox

Alice said...

Dear Marion - I'm so pleased you enjoyed your gifts as much as I enjoyed selecting them for you.

I was pleased to be able to ring you up, and if it made you feel better, then I'm doubly pleased.

I'm so grateful for your friendship over the past year, and I truly hope that this new year will bring greatly improved health to you.

God bless you and John always.

Anonymous said...

It feels so good when you get a mail or a letter from your friend!!It feels simply awesome and makes u feel elated and special.