Sunday, January 01, 2012

A HAPPY NEW YEAR....


Another year I enter

Its history unknown;

Oh, how my feet would tremble

To tread its paths alone!

But I have heard a whisper,

I know I shall be blest;

"My presence shall go with thee,

And I will give thee rest."


What will the New Year bring me?

I may not, must not know;

Will it be love and rapture,

Or loneliness and woe?

Hush! Hush! I hear His whisper;

I surely shall be blest;

"My presence shall go with thee,

And I will give thee rest."


Unknown Author


The promise of Spring has already arrived here in a village garden, these daffodils have been in bloom since November.... always early. I took a stroll around my own garden yesterday and saw that already a few primroses are in flower, the peonies are pushing their red shoots through the soil and a clump of yellow poppies have survived from last summer.


As most of us will have thoughts about starting this new year with a little more exercise included in our day I thought I'd share this amusing rhyme that caught my eye recently.

Push your luck
Stretch your income
Raise your eyebrows
Run to the toilet
Jump to conclusions

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Marion


7 comments:

Mary said...

Another sweet poem - thanks for helping start this year so peacefully Marion.........and daffodils so early, that's amazing!

Yes, the rhyme is a reminder of things to come - definitely need to get in shape after the snacking done the past week, so off to make veggies and salads for supper tonight!

Sending the very best wishes for this New Year - may you have good health, much happiness, and prosperity........and do keep blogging and sharing all the beauty of the Welsh countryside, please!

Meanwhile hope you have time to visit and see me doing crazy things on my recent travels - like elephant riding!!!!

Hugs - Mary
A Breath of Fresh Air

Country Charm said...

Sweet Sister Marion,
Those faithful daffodils never fail to pop up with the beautiful blooms, do they?

Beautiful poem and funny rhyme...

So glad to receive your email this morning before leaving for church.

I pray 2012 will be a blessed year for all...

Blessings, dear friend...Betty

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Happy New Year, Marion, to you and your family there in lovely Wales. May 2012 bring you many good things and, as the poem says, always the assurance that His presence shall go with you, and He will give you rest.

Willow said...

A very Happy New Year to you, Marion. I loved both poems :)

The daffodils are lovely and are always a happy promise that spring is coming (even in January).

Barbara said...

All the very best wishes for 2012 to you and your dear ones. Stay healthy and enjoy many happy days in your lovely garden and your beautiful surroundings.

Mountain Mama said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely Daffodil's!! Nothing says Spring quite as well I don't think. We are a long way from Spring here as it is freezing and we are expecting snow. I shopped today so I won't need to drive in it.
I enjoyed the poem and wish you a wonderful new year.

Barbara said...

The poor plants have not know where they are this winter. Nice to see the daffs popping up though.